Our team of volunteers
Volunteers at SEAS are recognised for providing an invaluable service for the Charity. Some of their many tasks consist of:
- Helping our clients to complete complex forms
- Providing advice and information to clients to support them
- Attending benefit appeals with clients
- Answering telephone calls in the office and taking referrals
- Any other administrative duties in the office
Volunteering for SEAS
Volunteering with SEAS is a meaningful way to help some of the vulnerable people who live in the Borough of Southend. It’s also an opportunity to develop and enjoy new experiences; you’ll connect with your community, meet new people, learn new skills and share what you know.
Whether doing essential admin in the office or working directly with SEAS clients, our volunteers contribute towards making difference to our client’s lives.
Our existing team of experienced, peer advocate volunteers will always be happy to mentor and help you, where there may be particular aspects of advocacy you are unsure about.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for SEAS, you’ll receive professional training along with our staff. You’ll be classed very much so, as a valued member of our team, being invited to take part in social activities.